2 minutes reading time
Spring Break in Park City, Utah
The 2020-2021 winter season in Park City, Utah has certainly been off to a slow start with sparse snowfall in the first two months of the season. Fortunately, the weather has caught up to our expectations and we have experienced more snowfall in February than any previous month this season. The Park City snow report illustrates a total of 24” that has accumulated this month with more snow on the way!
Spring skiing usually brings one thing to mind… slush. But, thanks to the late-season storms, this year you could experience the best snow of the season during Spring Break. One of the best parts of spring skiing is sunny days spent enjoying snow and beers on the hill. Here are our tips for enjoying a perfect day on the mountain during the warmer spring weather.
Spring Break Skiing Guide
- Wear sunscreen! The sun will be out and reflecting off of the snow onto your skin. Make sure you protect yourself from the mountain rays while enjoying spring powder.
- Buy your Park City lift tickets in advance. Find the best rates by purchasing your lift tickets before you arrive at Park City!
- Bring plenty of liquids. Water is essential! You may also consider bringing along some cold ones to enjoy on the lift.
- Dress appropriately. Don’t let the sunshine fool you! Temperatures will still be rather chilly. Dress in layers so you can adjust your attire as the temperatures vary throughout the day.
- Get your equipment tuned. With softer snow, sharp edges, and a fresh wax on your skis or snowboard will make a huge difference in your ability to get down the mountain. We recommend Utah Ski and Golf for your tuning/rental needs!
- Bring a mask! While safety is still a large concern for many travelers, Park City Mountain is taking every necessary precaution to keep you safe during the COVID pandemic. Wear your mask properly while on the hill.
Hopefully, our Spring Break Skiing Guide will take some of the stress away from planning your getaway this year. Whether you're looking to spend a long weekend or two weeks in Park City, we’ll catch you on the mountain!